May 10, 2012

Rome, Italy

As I have mentioned in one of my previous posts, I have two cousins getting married.  One of which is getting married in the midwest and the other is getting married in Switzerland.  While traveling to see my cousin get married in Switzerland, my mother and I have decided to make the most of our trip and visit a few other countries while we are in Europe.  One of the locations is Rome, Italy.  I have always dreamed of visiting Italy, and now I am finally getting the chance to go.  Some of the recommended sites that we were told to see are: the spanish steps, the Vatican, and the Sistine Chapel.  Due to the fact that I have studied Latin since I was young, I have always wondered what the locations I was studying actually looked like.  Now that I will be able to see the locations first-hand, I think that my appreciation for the language will grow. This is one of the special qualities that  I think traveling offers.  It gives us experiences that we will remember for the rest of our lives.  Comment on this post if you have any other recommendations of where I should visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment