February 27, 2012

Top 5 (things to have in your checked bag)

We all forget things from time-to-time when we go on vacation.  Whether it is a hat for a beach getaway, or a pair of extra warm socks for a ski vacation, something always seems to get left behind.  Being an avid traveler, I have had much insight into the essential things you must pack in your checked luggage in order to be prepared for any trip that you are about to take.  I have listed them below in order from most important to least important.


  1. Underwear-always an essential...you can wear the same clothes if you have to but in my opinion you can never run out of clean underwear
  2. Travel-sized toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner)-Not only should travel-sized toiletries be more then enough for the vacation you are about to embark on, but they also help save space in your suitcase (which is great if you tend to overpack like me)
  3. Travel-sized umbrella or a rain jacket that folds well-you never know when it's going to rain
  4. Comfortable walking shoes- whether you prefer sneakers or sandals, and depending on where you are going, I recommend bringing comfortable walking shoes.  I personally love to walk around wherever I am visiting to get a better insight into the local culture.
  5. Chargers, extra batteries (possibly even an extra memory card for your camera)-if you love to take pictures, then there is always the possibility of the batteries dying or filling up your memory card (which is why I always like to pack a charger and extra memory card in my suitcase)

No comments:

Post a Comment